Letter 38: Write a letter to uncle telling him how did you celebrate the ‘pahela Baishakh’


Ans.
Date
Dhanmondi,
Dhaka-1209
My dear uncle,
First my reverential love to you. I am in receipt of your 2nd instant letter in which you have wanted to know how I have celebrated the ‘Pahela Baishakh’ the Bengali New year. Now I narrate to you my hear felt day’s celebration.
On the appointed day, I appeared at Ramna Botmaul before the sun-set wearing panjabi and pajama. With the very arrival of the first sun ray of the Bangla New year’s the recantation of the past and the hope and apparition for the future days to come were declared from the botamul stage. Then a cultural function began with folkore and patriotic song relating to our age-old tradition. I enjoyed that function with my heart’s content and then I enjoyed panta and hilsha green  pepper together with others present in the Ramna park. O observed a rural and pastoral situation in the capital that day. Alongside with men, women of various ages wearing white saree with red border and painting face with varied colour make the Batmoul premise sonours beating various types of drums. I was among them bearing festoons, banners and placards.
With best regards.
Affectionately yours.
B

No comments

Powered by Blogger.